I didn't know they still used stop watches in the combine.
Peterson ran a 4.38, he was the 2nd fastest running back there. Lynch was in the 4.5 area.
Greg Olsen ran a 4.45 which was one of the best times for a TE in the history of the combine.
The combine still uses stop watches but you cant get any kind of rolling start. You have to be in a still position for at least a half second.
I didn't know they still used stop watches in the combine.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
I thought they used electronic timing, and I thought they had some sort of motion sensing device that started the clock on the first movement.
That sounds more like it to me.....That is what I was thinking.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
they had a great segment on sportscenter about how important the 40 is at the combine.
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]
hmm maybe I was looking at lynch, thats more like a peterson time though
David Clowney ran a 4.36...could move him into the first day
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Its hand timed, all the coaches sitting in the stands have pretty precise instruments to allow them to get the 10 time, the 20 time, and the 40 time. Its a little more extravigant than a stop watch but its basically a stop watch. Mike Mayock had a segment on it. Thats one reason they never have offical times right away.
guys, if Rich Kotite says it, its the truth, i promise
i want to know how everyone did, asap.
i mean now, richie boy.
did calvin hit 42+"?
i want all big names' numbers
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
Here is what I got on some of the FSU players in the Combine.
Mario Henderson (6'6 & 4/8" 302 lbs)
40 - 5.11
Bench - 20 reps at 225 pounds
3 Cone - 7.6
Broad jump - 9'11" (3rd best among OL tested)
Lorenzo Booker (5'10 & 3/8" 191 lbs)
40 - 4.46(5th best among RB's)
Bench - 26 reps at 225 pounds (3rd best among RBs tested)
Broad jump - 10'1"
Chris Davis (5'10 & 1/4" 181 pounds)
40 - 4.5
Shuttle 20 yd. - 4.14(5th best among WR's)
Shutle 60 yd. - 11.30 (2nd best among WR's)
3 Cone - 6.66(3rd best among WR's)
Vertical - 35.5"
Bookmarks